When we suddenly discover the innate calling for greatness in our lives, it’s important to follow through on our higher voice of wisdom. In most instances, our life purpose is being presented to us and that means we must follow our gut feelings to achieve the spiritual growth that is necessary for our passage into higher levels of awareness, acceptance, and inner peace. This is especially true for those of us who have become so caught up with the daily balancing act of juggle family, work, home, and other social obligations.
Though all of us enter this world with no preconceptions or prejudgments, our physical and mental beings become bombarded by external and environmental conditioning. While much of our upbringing and belief systems are constructively shaped by our families, teachers, and society in general, we sometimes become too consumed and inhibited by these traditional values and roles. In order to create an environment for positive spiritual development, we must nurture our higher consciousness by deprogramming most of what we’ve been mentally taught. That doesn’t mean we must stray away from moral values and ethics, but it means that we must totally absolve our emotional limitations that lead to negativity and mental barriers.
To achieve spiritual growth, one must begin to think and truly feel with an absolutely uninhibited mind and spirit. Within the core of our being, there is a wild mustang, a free spirit wanting to desperately break free from the mental fences we’ve built around ourselves; it’s in a way, the safety net that our mind has created for us to shelter us from harmful situations. However, that wild mustang, free spirit is your authentic self; and whether you choose to follow it or not, your authentic self wants to be released from your mental and emotional grips…and it will work fervently towards that end whether you want it to or not. This is your soul’s way of making you stop dead in your tracks and causing you to spring into action. Why? The primary reason your soul speaks to you is to give you the appropriate clues to achieve and maintain balance in all aspects of your life — mind, body, and spirit. It truly wants you to grow spiritually so you are readied to receive the blessings that the Universal flow of energy wants you to have, that is, living in complete balance.
To help you understand more fully, I am sharing with you the following five important paths to spiritual growth. When you become aware of the paths that we often follow, you are better prepared to walk them with clarity and positive intent.
* Spiritual growth during hardship. In turbulent times in our lives, we often find that we must turn to a Higher Source of wisdom for comfort, guidance, and reason. While we may not always like the feeling of distress, it is in these times that we attain some of the highest levels of spiritual growth. It is also in these times, that we become closer to God, our Creator. This will enable us to express a deep and profound connection with our Source and a sense of oneness with the world around us.
* Spiritual growth in relationships. When we enter into a marriage, partnership, or experience the joy of a new addition to the family — we often discover the spiritual element of life here as well. Feelings of deep love and admiration fill our hearts and souls with an overflowing abundance. And as we all know, love is a deeply spiritual emotion that can only flourish and grow. When we willingly share our love and compassion with others, we actually strengthen our own resources.
* Spiritual growth in work. In work? Really? Yes, when we put 110 percent into our work efforts, we may not always be recognized for our productivity; but we know in our hearts that we have accomplished something, and we have succeeded in doing our part toward creating a finished product or beneficial outcome — and that makes all the difference in how we perceive life. What we give out we get back 110 percent.
* Spiritual growth during travel. Have you ever taken time to observe the world around you? Whether you’ve seen the marvels of Mount Rushmore, the Grand Canyon, the grand strand, or the rolling hills of Appalachia, you’ve touched the face of God. Spirituality is everywhere you look if only you seek it. I look in awe at the beauty of nature all around me and how it never fails to bring a sense of great joy and inner peace into my heart.
* Spiritual growth in death. As harsh as this may seem, death is the final passage to the Highest Realm of peace. When we experience the passing of a loved one, we go through several stages of grief and the mourning process. When we have reached the final stage of acceptance, it is then that we have grown spiritually. We have learned that while we may not always be able to physically see our loved ones, they will always reside in our hearts and memories forever. Spiritual growth comes when we understand that this eternal flame of love can never be extinguished.
As the tides of the many seasons come and go, we learn that from spiritual growth, comes a new dawning of a deep and spiritual recognition and awareness of life, love, and sense of purpose. Remember, the wild mustang, the free spirit in you — your authentic self, is ready to be released from your everyday confines. All you must do is ask for spiritual guidance and the Universal flow of energy will give you the soul power and tools to discover how you can truly enjoy what your life destiny is and will be.
Until we speak again, I am
Joan Marie the Gift, Intuition Girl
© Copyright – All Rights Reserved
5 Paths to Spiritual Growth
By Joan Marie the Gift, Intuition Girl
Joan Marie Whelan – About the Author:
About the Author: Joan Marie is the extraordinary lifestyle expert for everyday living. She travels throughout the United States sharing her gifts and her Lifestyle Makeover Programs with solo-preneurs, professionals, small business owners, and large companies. Her much anticipated first book, “Soul- Discovery: 9 Principles for Revealing Your Sacred Gifts” is now available. For more information about Joan Marie and her upcoming, exclusive events, please go to: http://www.joanmariethegift.com and click on lifestyle makeover programs.
- The Spiritual Pathway… It is a difficult path to walk (medium2spirit.wordpress.com)
- Our Spiritual Nature (medium2spirit.wordpress.com)
- Spiritual Evolution: The Light (medium2spirit.wordpress.com)
- Connecting with your Spiritual Source (medium2spirit.wordpress.com)